What Is A Valve Cover Gasket Replacement
The valve cover is a metal cover that is found on the very top of the engine. It's attached to the engine by a gasket made of rubber or cork and it seals the top of the engine and prevents oil leaks. These covers are removable so the mechanic can access the valves for adjustment. Because of the high temperature of the engine, it is common for the valve cover gasket to get brittle and break. If the gasket is worn out, it will leak engine oil which will result in the top of the engine to be covered in oil. Since the engine is losing oil, running the car for too long without an inspection and repair can cause engine damage.
Signs That You Need A Valve Cover Gasket Replacement
- Oil is leaking on the top of the engine and/or outside of the engine.
- You can smell oil while running the car.
- Oil is found in the spark plug wells.
- There is oil and debris around the valve cover.
How Important Is This Service
If oil starts to leak on top of the engine and the valve cover becomes weak and brittle, it is very important to get it replaced. This is because if the engine is constantly losing oil, the engine can become damaged if you run the car for too long which in the long-term can be very costly and dangerous.
Notes About This Service
- We will replace your faulty, old, valve cover with a new, high-quality valve cover.
- We will test drive your car to ensure it is getting enough power.
- A vehicle inspection is performed after the valve cover gasket replacement has been performed.