What Is An Alternator Replacement
The alternator is the component that charges the battery in your car. When you use electrical components in your car (stereo, lights, etc.), the battery loses power and as a result needs to be recharged. This is where the alternator comes in. The alternator is located in the engine compartment and if the alternator is not working properly, your car will only stay running for as long as the battery has power stored. Once the battery loses power, your car will not start. Normally, a malfunctioning alternator will turn on the battery warning light or will have a low volt gauge reading.
Signs That You Need An Alternator Replacement
- Battery is dead or will not hold a charge.
- Lights look dimmer than normal.
- Battery warning light is on.
How Important Is This Service
Replacing a faulty alternator is a very important service for maintaining your car. If you have a faulty alternator and it is unable to provide enough or any electrical power to the battery, then eventually the battery will die and you will be unable to start your car and use any electrical components in the car.
Notes About This Service
- We will replace your faulty, old, alternator with a new, high-quality alternator.
- We will test drive your car to ensure it is getting enough power.
- A vehicle inspection is performed after the alternator replacement has been performed.