What does a P0860 OBD II code mean?
The P0860 code is a generic powertrain code related to the transmission, including pressure errors and sensor issues. This specific code generally arises when a fault with the gear shift module communication circuity is detected by the engine control module (ECM).
What’s causing this?
- Wires or connectors have been damaged, opened, and/or shorted out.
- A manual lever position sensor has become damaged
- Moisture has accumulated to a excessively high level in the gear shift module sensor connector
What are some symptoms of the P0860 code?
- An engine or warning light may light up on your dashboard
- Reduced fuel economy
- Lack of traction in slippery conditions
- Difficulty shifting into or out of any gear
- Traction control light may be on and/or blinking.
How can you fix this issue?
- Repair any damaged, open, or corroded wiring, connectors, and related components
- Replace damaged or defective gear shift lever and/or gear shift module
Does the P0860 code mean trouble? Is it serious?
If this specific OBD-II code is detected after scanning your system, it is considered a code that needs to be addressed in a serious manner as it can put yourself and other drivers on the road in potential danger. Our recommendation is to book a check engine light inspection with a licensed Fiix mechanic and have it taken care of.